photo CultureTab_zps686d226f.jpg photo BeautyTab_zps92d89028.jpg photo MusicTab_zps172e0cc1.jpg photo FilmTab_zpsea60de0f.jpg photo IdeasTab_zps25805aaa.jpg photo EventsTab_zpsc0e1358e.jpg

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Melbourne Cup

So that's it for another year of the Melbourne Cup. And because I know your all sooo interested I've got  a round up of the celebrity fashion for the day. So if you missed all the fashion due to work, prior commitments, too busy getting blind drunk and blowing all your money at a pub (in which case your probably still there) here it is!

To start we have the turban wearing Jesinta Campbell. Now I could probably make some crude joke about Jesinta's choice of headpiece, but I actually like it. I think the colour is great with the white dress. It's a little bit different and I definitely prefer this to some of the hideous feathers that were sticking out of some ladies heads. So kudos to you Jesinta.



Next up is former "Packed to the Rafters" star Jessica McNamee. Her dress looks like she's ready to hit the cluurrb. A bit too short for Melbourne Cup I think Miss McNamee! Then there's the hair. The Lady Gaga-esque bow is a fine look that's a little bit mod. But once again not sure if it's Melbourne Cup suitable. Also is that second bow really necessary? Neeext! 


Delta. Ahh Delta. Know usually I'm not one to hate on Delta. The whole Delta bashing thing isn't really my thing. But this ensemble is definitely cringe worthy. Obviously Delta didn't get the memo that Melbourne Cup is not the day to be experimenting with turning into a fairy princess.   


Get these last two ladies together and they look like they are off to the Teen Choice Awards rather than the Melbourne Cup. But at least they look happy.


Ashley Hart managed to pull off a killer smile and a killer outfit, opting for Sass and Bide. (Not to mention her fantastically shaped eyebrows!) I don't think any more commentary is necessary, just check out the picture for yourself. 


Next up - Rose Byrne. Looking comfortable and elegant as usual Rose went for a more casual look compared to some of her Hollywood Red Carpet looks. Either way Rose never seems to go wrong. 


Also I must say that I love her choice of headwear.


Harper's BAZAAR Editor, Kellie Hush, went for sun safety with this statement hat. Smart lady. Sun safety is always a winner by my book.


 My fav Aussie couple of the moment Hamish Blake and Zoe Foster looked lovely. Ms Foster's headpiece looked fabulous. 


Recent viral sensation, Kate Waterhouse, went for a lilac dress which I think was pretty plain compared to previous outfits. Her mesh headpiece is suitable for keeping flies out, although probably not so great for drinking champagne. Personally I would choose booze over no flies any day.


And lastly the cute as a button Pia Miranda. Not really sure what she's been up to since "Looking for Alibrandi" but her printed, kimono looking suit is adorable. Not to mention her clutch which manages not to drown in all the patterns.


That's all folks.
What did you wear for Melbourne Cup?
What are your thoughts on the fashion from today?
Rachel x


No comments:

Post a Comment