photo CultureTab_zps686d226f.jpg photo BeautyTab_zps92d89028.jpg photo MusicTab_zps172e0cc1.jpg photo FilmTab_zpsea60de0f.jpg photo IdeasTab_zps25805aaa.jpg photo EventsTab_zpsc0e1358e.jpg

Monday 1 October 2012

Moonrise Kingdom.




You might have heard of Wes Anderson from films like Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Royal Tenenbaums. Like the rest of his films, Moonrise Kingdom is the tale of misfit characters attempting to find their place in the world and through this, an adventure is created.
One of my perceptions of the film was that it bordered on being paedophilic because the two star-crossed lovers, Suzy Bishop (Kara Hayward) and Sam Shakusky (Jared Gilman) are 12 years old. However, it just adds to the cuteness and cheesiness of the film. What I was really excited about was the 1960’s clothes. Suzi’s knee high socks teamed with brightly coloured mini skirts and bright green eye shadow made me realise I had been born in the wrong era. I left the theatre wishing that I had a boyfriend who wanted to run away with me who knew how to pitch a tent, smoking a pipe and dressed in scout gear.


No comments:

Post a Comment