photo CultureTab_zps686d226f.jpg photo BeautyTab_zps92d89028.jpg photo MusicTab_zps172e0cc1.jpg photo FilmTab_zpsea60de0f.jpg photo IdeasTab_zps25805aaa.jpg photo EventsTab_zpsc0e1358e.jpg

Wednesday 27 February 2013

An Ode to Grazia Australia.



As I sit ay my desk eating triple choc cookies and reading the last edition of Grazia, I have The Sound of Music’s “So Long, Farewell” going around in my head. The song is a final farewell that is fun, yet elegant.
That would have to be the one word that I use to describe Grazia’s last hoorah … elegant.
Not too over the top, but a graceful look down memory lane.
Editor Amy Molloy got it spot on!
The headlines that were, perfectly mixed with fresh articles on some hot topics.

As I discussed with my newsagent after the announcement of Grazia’s cancellation – Grazia is more than a trashy weekly magazine. It is a magazine that contains some, as the newsagent put it, “Great little articles.”

We Need to Talk… prompted adult conversations. This week’s out-going discussion on sex was some cleverly, sophisticated food for thought.

The fashion pages that made Grazia the smart, sassy fashion bible it was, went out with a bang. 
With Bowie’s latest film clip for The Stars (Are out Tonight) going viral this week, Grazia’s Bowie inspired fash piece could not have been better timed.
I loved that it was kept local with a piece on up and coming it-girl, Isabelle Cornish. (Sister of Abbie Cornish and the face of both Bonds and Tony Bianco.)
The final fashion pages were jam-packed!
A little bit of everything, for the loyal, diverse women that was the Grazia reader. 
Baroque, fine wine, nomad!
Strong poses, killer make-up, killer clothes!

Now on to my favourite Grazia column, The Glosspel according to Tracey Withers, a great final piece with more lasting advice, 
“The way you exit the party is every iota as crucial your gloss count going in … the out-door’s always, always where the paps are parked!” 
This witty column will be sorely missed.

So I guess that’s it, I might go for a walk now, to work off those cookies.
To the only weekly magazine I bought,
To the stylish mag that was Grazia Australia,
I bid you Farewell,

Rachel x
   


No comments:

Post a Comment